Thursday, November 24, 2011

$7.00 Make-over


I love my bamboo barstools, but the seats were looking a little worn. 
I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a remnant upolstery fabric for $7.00 a yard. 
It only took one yard to recover these stools. 
This is a picture of the "tired stools"
I took the seats off the stools, laid the fabric out flat so the pattern of the new houndstooth would be straight and pulled it tight and stapled with a staple gun.  Because the original fabic was not torn or stained, I left it on.  No need for backing! 
I didnt take pictures of all the stapling, but it was pretty easy.  Just started at the beginnng and worked my way to the back.  I did pick a fabric that was easy to work with.  I think stripes or too much pattern, would be a little harder to keep straight. 
yay! finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment