Great Project! When I got it at a yard sale it was a little banged up! It had milked spilled on it, lots of marks on the top from toys and blocks, one wheel missing and a drawer out of whack. I could tell it was a diamond in the rough!
Here's a before pic. I let it sit im my basement awhile, contemplating what to do.....
I fianally decided, with the help of my husband, to sand the top and paint the rest.
We really liked the way our buffett had turned out with two different colors of paint, so we decided to go that route again. We knew we were going to have to sand the top all the way down to get to a nice even surface. So, in the deal I got a new belt sander! Yay!
Here is a pic from the side. We wrapped the color all the way around. It really turned out nice. My husband fixed the wheel and waxed all the drawers and lined everything up and tightened all the rails the drawers glide on. We put about 3 coats of polycrylic on top and one coat on everything else.